September Dinner Meeting
If you have already purchased your 2019-2020 Land of the Sky Estate Planning Council membership, you may select the member option below. If not, please feel free to make use of our Guest ticket option. We allow two guest tickets per person per council year.
Join us Thursday, September 19, 2019 at the Biltmore Park Hilton (https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/north-carolina/hilton-asheville-biltmore-park-AVLBPHF/index.html) for the first meeting of the Land of the Sky Estate Planning Council for the 2019-2020. The schedule is a panel discussion with the following panelist to discuss guardianships and estate administration:
- Steven D. Cogburn, Buncombe County Clerk of Superior Court
- Johanna Finkelstein, Buncombe County Assistant Clerk of Court
- James Scott Coats, Buncombe County Assistant Clerk of Court
- Susan Lewis, Attorney and Guardian ad Litem in guardianship proceedings
- James Ellis, Buncombe County Public Administrator
- Victor C. Garlock, Buncombe County Public Guardian
The goal is to have an interactive discussion about the probate process and the guardianship process. Mariah McKinney and Carter Webb will be leading the discussion. In anticipation of this meeting, we are asking for members to submit a list of topics or questions that he or she would like to be asked or discussed at the meeting. Please email any questions that you would like asked or topics that you would like to be discussed to the following:
- Mariah McKinney – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carter Webb – email@example.com
We expect that the discussion will generate many questions during the meeting. However, we do want to make sure that we cover any issues that our members want to hear.